Constructing a Fun Workplace
Face it- being in the same environment for eight hours a day five days a week can become pretty boring and repetitive- of course you don’t want to say that out loud. You, the employer, are probably pretty aware of that. Why not surprise your employees and redesign your workplace with a hip, new edge. There many ways you can implement fun at the office with a few simple techniques.
Motivate Your Employees
It’s hard enough getting up at 6a.m., getting the children ready for school, working all day, then come home around 5:30 p.m. do daily chores and having to cook dinner. An employee is less likely to dread coming to the office when they have a boss that appreciates and motivates them.
- Allow your employees to listen to music.
- Put up some motivational posters.
- Include leadership quotes in email signatures.
- Say Thank You to your employees often.
- Recognize accomplishments.
Encourage Team Building and Fun
Team building allows better communication and stronger bonds between employees. I was taught you don’t stop having fun because you grow old; you grow old because you stop having fun! The workplace extremely cliché, why not allow them to bring their inner child sometimes to work?
- Allow employees to play paper football while waiting for meetings to start.
- Don’t judge them when you see them on camera dancing in the elevator.
- How about playing typing games every now and then to get them better at typing, if their jobs requires it!
- Create a mural for employees to share their kids’ artistic abilities.
- Have holiday parties.
Get the Community Involved
Getting the community involved can help your company get recognized, which can only be a benefit for your business. Yes, spending money on community events can cost a few dollars but people will see you as a friendly and down to earth person that cares.
- Host a talent show and let others get involve.
- Have a community bar-b-que at a local park.
- Volunteer to help others in the community.
Allowing employees to express their fun side that they rarely get to show will allow them to bring back a part of them they may have forgotten. It will help them feel more relaxed at work knowing they can totally be themselves. Having a less stressed environment will also help increase productivity.